11 February 2006

Intro to Mary and Project

Hi all. My name is Mary Magoulick. I'm an Associate Professor of English at Georgia College and I'm leaving on a Fulbright Grant to teach in Croatia in 2 weeks. This blog is a way to share my experience with those who want to follow along vitually. Right now I am preparing for the trip by getting my house ready, reading about Croatia, preparing for the classes I will teach, and taking care of various professional obligations before I leave. I plan to leave for Croatia on February 27, 2006. I fly on Northwest (KLM) via Amsterdam to arrive in Zagreb on Feb. 28 around 1:30 pm. Then someone from the embassy should meet me and drive me to my apartment in Rijeka, where I'll teach and live.

All I've heard about Croatia makes it sound like a beautiful and interesting country. I have some Croatian ancestry, which is part of the reason I applied for the Fulbright there. I will teach in the English and Cultural Studies departments. Rijeka is a port city on the Adriatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home